Hey there! Did you miss us?
Hard to believe, but yesterday’s dual posting was our first offering since May! I hope you hadn’t completely forgotten about us…but, uh…we’ve been a bit predisposed.
Let me just say this: I used to manage most all of my writing in the evenings once the girls went down for the night. Now once Sienna, Rowan, and Jovie are asleep, it is literally a race to our own bed after cleaning, entertaining Lola (who’s up until around 9:30 before she goes down for her long stretch), and closing up the shop for the day. I consider our night a success if we’re in bed before it’s completely dark outside.
What I’m trying to say is that at this point, sleep > blogging.
But I can’t stay away forever. There are just too many things that I’ve been meaning to write about, and my backlog is full of half-finished posts that I manage to work on in 45-minute spurts before falling asleep. Which brings me to Monday Musings.
Basically I needed a space to corral my thoughts that didn’t justify an entire post in themselves. Having a weekly “Construction Update” was great in that it forced me to sit down and more/less plug-and-chug my way through another post. And it worked…people really seemed to love it! Call it lazy writing, but at this point in my life having another weekly update that “forces” me to fill you in on all things Hardinge, whether two thoughts or two-dozen thoughts, is really what I need right now. Hopefully it will open up more opportunities for me to jump head first back into blogging full time!
Anyway, enough with the semantics…
Tom & Miss
- If I had a dollar for every time someone told me that we should have our own reality TV show…well, Ok, I wouldn’t necessarily be a millionaire, but I could probably buy lunch for a few close friends. Trust me: nobody wants to see this.
- My Dad and Stepmother just spent the week in Iowa visiting with their Airstream parked in my driveway!
Remember we had an RV-ready electrical outlet built in outside specifically for them? It was finally put to good use…and in return, we put them to good use, helping out with the babies, the chores, and other projects on our never ending to-do list.
- Our sixth-year anniversary was yesterday. It also happened to be Father’s Day, of which Missy gave a bit more credence to, kicking me out of the house for a few hours. I spent my time at the mall, walking very slowly and eventually ending up at B&N to leisurely read a few books and mags while slowly sipping a caramel frap. Pure bliss.
- Missy also sent me out to the Iowa Craft Brew Festival in downtown Des Moines on Saturday, which was an absolute blast…despite the downpour! I’m already planning my visit next year, and VIP passes will be a must.
- Don’t worry, I didn’t completely forget about Missy on our big day. She said that we need a new vacuum cleaner in the worst way (ours is pretty much shot)…but I figured that giving her a vac as an anniversary gift would be violating all sorts of unwritten husbandry rules…so we’re picking out a new one later this week. None-the-less, I still have a few things up my sleeve for her throughout these next few weeks 😉
- Missy and I are officially starting a summer weight loss plan this week! Not an all-out diet per-se, but rather making a conscious effort to make better food choices. Any suggestions out there?
- Favorite “toy” to play with as of late? Brooms.
Like…legit, made for adult, brooms. You’d think that a kid-sized version would work just fine, but oh no…you’d be thinking wrong. It had to be exactly what mommy and daddy were using to sweep. And of course, we couldn’t get just one.
- Second new favorite (and actual) toy? Cozy Coupes! But again, we couldn’t get just one. We even tried only opening two of the three…but even then there wasn’t enough to go ‘round. Good thing they were on sale at (where else) Target, and that we had plenty of birthday gift card money to spend!
- Speaking of birthday’s…we finally held an actual birthday party for the girls last week with just a few of their close playmates. And by a few I mean eight (our girls made 12), despite only inviting three other families.
- Oh, and of all those little kids running around? One boy. The second (Theo) couldn’t make it…but still, that’s a lot of pink.
- We’re still trying to figure things out with baby Lola. One day she’s eating every 90 minutes, and the next day she’s asleep for hours on end. Despite going through infancy already with the triplets, we have no real frame of reference for what’s right and what’s wrong with a new singleton baby. Back then, everything was either A) an assembly line process or B) A complete sleepless blur that I have all but forgotten about. Even so, we’re seven weeks in with the newbie and I still can’t believe that we have another baby girl under our roof.
- That being said, man…she sure is cute! We wouldn’t trade her (or the sleepless nights) for anything else in the world.
It’s safe to say that we have a lot of catching up to do, like:
- Lola’s birth story, and Missy’s time spent in the hospital getting to know our newest daughter, while all sorts of visitors came and met our newest addition to the fam.
- Our dirt patch of a yard was finally seeded! Now all we need to do is wait…and some extensive watering.
- Speaking of the house, I think I also owe you a final “Construction Update,” but…you will have to wait a while more for that.
- Hannah, Robert, and Chris’ Memorial weekend trip to Iowa
- Detailed report of Dad and Peg’s visit
- Our trip to the east coast, and flying across the country with a one-month-old
I’m not promising that all of this will happen right away, but since we haven’t completely fallen off the face of the planet yet, just know that it’s coming! You’ll just have to bear with us. Now, whether or not you’ll see Lola’s birth story post before August is yet to be determined, but at least it’s on our radar 😉
And if nothing else now you’ll at least have our Monday Musings to look forward each week…so I hope you stick around…
Have a great week!