It’s obvious that we are pretty busy over here at the Hardinge Homestead. We rarely get around to blogging anymore because we are trying to soak up as many hours of sun and nice evening weather as we can before Iowa’s winter bares its ugly face. Add that onto two mornings of preschool, dance class, and hours of crafts galore, and Tommy and I are a sight to see after we put the girls down each night. A.k.a….a bowl of goopy exhaustion.
So here are a few things that have been going on over the last few weeks.
- I hate paper lying around. I always have, I always will. The girls started going to two mornings of preschool this year. This means they bring home a lot of paper. While I still want to home school the girls once they reach kindergarten, and possibly even next year, I know that school = lots and lots of keepsake papers. Enter the school memory boxes. Super easy to make. Only about $11 each. Saving me from the torment of having piles of papers lying on my counters. I plan on placing report cards, special projects, pictures, and anything else I just can’t bare to throw away. I got the interview forms from the blog: http://www.positivelysplendid.com/2013/05/first-and-final-day-of-school-interviews.html I chose just to do the beginning of the school year interviews. I placed them in page protectors so that when they graduate high school (AHHHHHHHHH……scary and sad) I can put all of their pages in a binder for them as a keepsake. Plus those boxes stack for great storage! I included the answers the girls gave me, which melted our hearts and also gave us a good laugh.
I have already made a few for gifts for friends with kids going into school years, so if you receive one from me, sorry for ruining the surprise.
- How sweet are these first day of school pictures?!
- I am back to teaching dance. One of my classes is the 3-year-old class which so far has my older girls and our neighbor in it. There are four more open spots if you are looking for a great place to take your child for dance instruction! Wednesdays from 5:00-5:30.
(this is seriously one of the only selfies I have ever taken. Just to prove to myself that there was a time I was brave enough to put dance clothes on again.)
- This. So blessed.
- We were lucky to have my brother, sister-in-law, niece and nephew here for a few weeks last month. The girls still talk about playing with their cousins daily. We all miss them dearly. Thank God for iChat.
- Throw back. Waaaaaaaay back. I found a “picture CD” while cleaning and of course had to stop and see what was on it. Old college photos. This picture was from Tommy’s Ring Figure at VMI where they earn their class rings their junior year of college, *coughtenyearsagocough*. If those two innocent faces only knew what God was going to put on their plate!!!