- Get this, kids: I published seven posts in February! That’s the same amount posted in October, November, and December of 2013 combined….yeeesh. Now imagine what I could do with a full month…
- Another week, another weather update: car dash thermometer read -6 degrees on my way into work this morning, which wasn’t too far off from yesterday’s actual high temperature. Central Iowa had a record setting day yesterday with its fetal position inducing high temperatures, which were actually really, really low.
Not to be outdone, we set a record low this morning…one that had stood for 130 years. Yes It is March now, right? Missy and I are contemplating a move to warmer climates with complete seriousness right now…
- How do you print your Instagram photos? I’ve been using Social Print Studio (Printstagram) for a while now…
…and am continually impressed with the high quality prints and great prices. I just made a set of photo strips for some unique décor for the pad…
I love the added personal touches!
I highly recommend.
- Speaking of those photo strips, here are the pics I made with the girls for Missy in digital form; I really wanted that vintage photo booth feel with the strips (above).
For display, I’d like to DIY something like this. I smell a project!
- Hey! We haven’t had a good home brew update in a while…trying to put together an all-grain brewing rig, so nothing consumable in the works at the moment. But check out these slick coasters our best pal Bridget just had made for me. LOVE them…thanks B!
- Any Oscar watchers out there? I still have yet to see any of the “big winners” from last night’s award show…which is actually pretty sad considering that even my own daughters have seen at least one! (Frozen…they looooove them some Frozen! We even have nightly interpretive dance sessions to “Let It Go.”)
- A few more Oscar notes:
- RIP Harold Ramis, AKA Egon Spengler. Like any 80’s baby boy I grew up worshipping the Ghostbusters…and even though I didn’t quite know what I was watching, I still knew enough to know that it was awesome. Plus he was the brilliance behind Animal House, Groundhog Day, Caddy Shack, Stripes, et. al…his repertoire was full of iconic 80’s comedies that I grew to love (and own at least half of). Also, this Improv Anywhere sketch is still one of Missy’s favorites!
- We didn’t see Gravity, but I do love all things space…so when NASA started tweeting their #RealGravity pictures last night in response to the film’s success…I couldn’t help geeking out just a little bit. These images are pure beauty.
- Pretty pictures aside, this was the best tweet of the night:
Back with more soon… Happy Monday, and have a great week!